Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have a Mantle clock. The mechanism that changes chimes has…

Customer Question
I have a Howard...

I have a Howard Miller Mantle clock. The mechanism that changes chimes has come loose, clock does not chime and mechanism that changes chimes is free flowing. Not knowing about clocks, is this something I may be able to fix?

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

My clock looks like the Thomas Tompion model. Not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
12/19/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. It sounds like the chime selection lever has come disconnected and will need to be adjusted you will have to gain access to the movement and on this model I can't remember if it has a back panel if not you will have to remove the dial face to get to the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 6 months ago

.