Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have the 610-900. When we walk by the clock the chime rods…

Customer Question
I have the 610-900....
I have the 610-900. When we walk by the clock the chime rods shake and bump each other and make noise. How do I stop that?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
12/18/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes that is the La Rochelle model. There are set screws that you can tighten down so the chime rods do not move, the rods have a bar that runs across the rods it must have worked loose and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Can you send a pic or something?
Or a link to a manual that outlines this?

H​I, I'm sorry I do not have a breakdown schematic of this clock at my shop. You will have to go through the access panel then look at the chime rods there will be a metal block that holds the chime rods in and on some models the screws are located on the end of the chime rods in the block and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

for helping you.

66215. However, any idea where I could find this information and a more specific description of the process?

HI, I do have a diagram in my manual at my clock repair shop but I'm not able to download my diagram on the chime rod assembly. Here are the closest clock repair shops that can help you with your clock. Thanks Mike

for helping you.

THE CLOCK SHOP

Approximately 9.3 Miles from 66215
6207 S OAK STREET
KANSAS CITY, MO 64113
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Mobile:(###) ###-####/p>

.

A-1 CLOCK

Approximately 9.9 Miles from 66215
18565 W 168 TERRACE
OLATHE, KS 66062
Phone: Mobile:(###) ###-####/p>

.

BRYANT CLOCK RESTORATION (Floor clocks only)

Approximately 14.0 Miles from 66215
1029 E 5TH STREET
KANSAS CITY, MO 64106
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.

I called a local clock shop. They suggested some foam rubber between the clock and the wall at the top to stop wabble. That fixed it

HI, That's Great just make sure the clock stays level so it doesn't mess up the speed of the pendulum. Thanks Mike

for helping you.

.