Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have a Seth Lynton 2e......e53-001........clocked stopped…

Customer Question
I have a Seth...

I have a Seth Thomas Lynton 2e......e53-001........clocked stopped working......think its the electric motor

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

There is a number stamped on the back of the gear mechanism as well a305-000 6903 beneath it

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

Clock is getting power..tested that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
12/13/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. When was the clock last serviced?, Do you hear a hum when the power is on? sometimes the brushes in the motor might have to be cleaned and serviced and if its getting power they might be froze up. Thanks Mike

Ive had the clock since 1980....its never been moved around a lot....about a year ago it just stopped.....in plugging it in I hear no humm

HI, Yes this model was first produced after the second world war they are great clocks. With my experience in the past working on vintage electric clocks it usually turns out to be that the brushes in the motor need to be cleaned and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

I’m sorry this is getting way too expensive for advice to clean brushes ......I’m opting out of this service