Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Have old atomic clock-it stopped-changed attery but still…

Customer Question
Hi. Have old atomic...

Hi. Have old atomic clock-it stopped-changed b attery but still does not work or reset

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Clock worked fine-does time change beforeCongress changed the date-Clock changed the time correctly but after 2 weeks it does stopped. Put new battery in -hung in same placwe as always but hands do not move at all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
11/28/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll cover all options to try. First make sure the battery contacts are clean. Next check the battery contacts to see if the wires are loose or has come disconnected. The manufacturer states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them to gain access to the circuit board, it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If the options above do not work and you decide to replace the quartz movement yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Moore Clocks LLC

1711 Old York-Hampton Hwy

Yorktown, VA, 23692

Call us (toll free):(###) ###-####strong>

Timesavers.com
    Box 12700
    Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
    1,800,552,1520
    Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Gone to Pieces

(battery operated quartz movements only)
    6819 Rt 259 Hwy
    Homer City, PA 15748
    order line: 1,800,205,7204

Clockworks.com
    PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050
    800,381,7458