Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

How can I get my Westclox baby ben running again? seems it's…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get my Westclox baby ben running again? seems it's wound too tight? DH over eager i'm thinking. Anyway I've taped it to the washer/dryer for an entire weeks worth of 'vibrating' w no success. hope you have an idea? I'm having trouble finding someone local. Joan

Technician's Assistant: The Clock Technician will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

I have both a baby and big ben he's wound too tight (my opinion)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
11/27/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi Joan, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll try to give you all options to try. First when was the last time the clock was serviced meaning the movement cleaned & re oiled they should be done every 3 to 5 years?. From the clock when wound to tight what happens is that the old gummy oil inside the coils of the mainspring start sticking together not allowing the mainspring to release the power to run the clock. Try these option out and let me know what happens if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

http://www.clockworks.com/clock-repair-kits/clock-cleaning-kit.htm

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

PLEASE REFUND, CANCEL CANCEL AND REFUND-
I DIDN'T ASK HOW THIS HAPPENED, I KNOW THAT, THIS SITE COST ME TO TELL ME GO TO A CLOCK SHOP!!
REFUND ASAP OR I WILL TAKE FURTHER ACTION SIR
JOAN
Mike, Consultant