Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have an Atomic Clock. I installed new Lithium batteries in…

Customer Question
I have an Atomic...

I have an Atomic Clock. I installed new Lithium batteries in the inside and the outside units. How do I call up the outdoor temperature display on my indoor unit?

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

I've already told you what the problem is. Your response is totally unrelated.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

NO there isn't.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
11/12/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 8 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Follow the instructions I posted below and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

OUTDOOR TEMPERATURE SENSOR: The temperature is measured and transmitted to the atomic clock every 4 seconds. The atomic clock will update the outdoor temperature display every 4 seconds. The range of the outdoor temperature sensor may be affected by the temperature. At cold temperatures the transmitting distance may be decreased. Please bear this in mind when positioning the sensor. Also the batteries may be reduced in power during periods of extreme cold temperatures.
915MHz RECEPTION CHECK FOR OUTDOOR TEMPERATURE SENSOR The atomic clock will receive the temperature data within 3 minutes. If the temperature data is not being received 3 minutes after setting up (the display shows “- - -”), then please check the following points: 1. The distance of the atomic clock or outdoor temperature sensor should be at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from any interfering sources such as computer monitors or TV sets. 2. Avoid placing the receiver onto or in the immediate proximity of metal window frames. 3. Using other electrical products such as headphones or speakers operating on the same signal frequency (915MHz) may prevent correct signal transmission and reception. 4. Neighbors using electrical devices operating on the 915MHz signal frequency can also cause interference.
Note: When the 915 MHz signal is received correctly, do not re-open the battery cover of either the outdoor temperature sensor or atomic clock, as the batteries may spring free from the contacts and force a false reset. Should this happen accidentally then reset all units (see Setting up above) otherwise transmission problems may occur.
The maximum transmission range is 330 feet (100 meters) from the outdoor temperature sensor to the atomic clock (in open space). However, this depends on the surrounding environment and interference levels. If no reception is possible despite the observation of these factors, all system units have to be reset (see Setting up).
CHANGING THE DISPLAY MODE (DAY, SECONDS, AND TEMPERATURES) There are 4 possible display modes to view the day, seconds, and temperatures. The month & date/weekday/indoor temperature/outdoor temperature is the default.
To change the display: 1. Press the + key. The display should now show the month & date/weekday/seconds/outdoor temperature. 2. Press the + key a second time and the display will show the month & date/weekday/indoor temperature/seconds. 3. Press the + key a third time and the display will show the month & date/seconds/indoor temperature/outdoor temperature. 4. Press the + key a fourth time and the display will return to the normal display.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.