Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I pulled my middle chain to tight this morning and the

Customer Question
I pulled my middle...

I pulled my middle chain to tight this morning and the weight fell off now the chain is too high so I can't get the widget back on, not sure how to get the chain to come back down

Technician's Assistant: The Clock Technician will know what to do. Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

No that is all, it's a grandfather clock from Germany that's been passed down to me

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
11/11/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 9 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The CENTER weight runs the pendulum and is the hardest you will have to lift the chain up off the sprocket until 6 to 8 inches is hanging freely I posted a tool that I made that will help you lift the chain take a small piece of wire and bend one end into a J or you can remove the pendulum and let the pendulum hanger swing back and fourth but this will take some time to do. If that doesn't work which it should and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area that makes house calls that can fix your clock. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.