Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Trying to fix my grandfather clock. Weights are stuck at…

Customer Question
Trying to fix my...

Trying to fix my grandfather clock. Weights are stuck at top

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Skigh grandfater clock. I don't think that I can wind any more

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

NO ust that the weights are stuck at the top

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 9 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. To lower the left & right weights RIGHT weight runs the chimes the LEFT runs the strike, you can grab the weight and you can gently be pulling down on the weight while running the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime do this until your weight is about 6 to 8 inches of the chain hanging down then it should be alright or until the weight is hanging freely. The CENTER weight runs the pendulum and is the hardest you will have to lift the chain up off the sprocket and while holding the weight you will have to lower the weight down until it is hanging freely I posted a tool that I made that will help you lift the chain take a small piece of wire and bend one end into a J or you can remove the pendulum and let the pendulum hanger swing back and fourth but this will take some time to do. If that doesn't work which it should and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area that makes house calls that can fix your clock. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.