Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Grandfather Floor Model Clock Westminister Tempus Fugit Made…

Customer Question
Grandfather Floor Model Clock...

Grandfather Floor Model Clock Westminister Tempus Fugit Made By Cosmo Elelectric Japan , I am missing the small chain sprocket that connects the clock mechanism to the counter weights it is off a small shaft on the back bottom of clock about 1/4 in dia. Bill Lewis

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

I am missing the small sprocket that connects the clock mechanism to the counter weights by chain , It is off a small shaft on bottom back approx. 1/4 dia. of clock mechanism The only number I can find on clock mechanism is 2872 Any Help ?? Bill Lewis

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
10/4/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 10 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi Bill, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I believe this clock is from the 1970's and trying to find parts for this clock might be hard but your best bet is to contact a local clock repair shop so he can see what exactly the part you need and might be able to have what you need at his shop so if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

for helping you.

Hello Mike
To Answer your question , I live in Nanaimo B.C. Canada . My Zip Code Is V9R 4X1 Phone(###) ###-####. The nearest Big Cities are Vancouver B.C. & Victoria B.C. Nanaimo has a population of about 100,000 Is located on Vancouver Island about 27 miles from city of Vancouver by water and large Ferries. Vancouver is a very large city/ don't know population. Victoria is located on the south end of Vancouver Isle about 90miles from us, also large . As I mentioned the sprocket that is missing connects the clock mechanism to the counterweights by a small chain, would be mounted on a small shaft on the back of clock mechanism . Don't know why someone would have removed it . Maybe to prevent clock from operating , being used . I do not have a zip code for Vancouver as there would be one for every area that would be different .I tried Cosmos Clock Mfg but no response Thanks For Your Time And Trouble . Where are the "stars " so you will be compensated ?
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 9 months ago

H​I, Here are the closest repair shops to you that can help you with your clock. Thanks Mike

for helping you.

SEAN PACEY

Approximately 38.0 Miles from v9r 4x1
11 EAST BROADWAY
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA V5T 1V4
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

.

JIM-HO KIM

Approximately 44.1 Miles from v9r 4x1
1405-6888 STATION HILL DRIVE
BURNABY, BC V3N 4X5
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

for helping you.