Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Fixed chyme at 3/4 hour. Now clock too fast. Ran fine before…

Customer Question
Fixed chyme at 3/4 hour...
Fixed chyme at 3/4 hour. Now clock too fast. Ran fine before fix. Adjusted pendulum to lowest point. Maybe 30 sec. a minute too fast. What 's next
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
9/24/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 10 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll cover all options to try. First when you fixed your chimes did you bump, move or removed your pendulum ?. You have got to put the pendulum BOB back to where it was before you adjusted it down all the way. then check the clocks BEAT. When a pendulum clock is in beat, it produces a rhythmic, even, steady: tick…tock…tick…tock When it is out of beat, it produces an uneven, “galloping”: TICK…tockTICK…tockTICK…,or tickTOCK…tickTOCK…tickTOCK. You can remove the pendulum and move the crutch with your finger to the left or right until the proper tick tock is reached. If that doesn't work you will need to reset the time train on the pendulum assembly which I would recommend a clock repair person to do the work. Try these options out and let me know what happens if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

for helping you.