Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have a Grandfather clock. Moved it for the hurricane now…

Customer Question
I have a Howard...

I have a Howard Miller Grandfather clock. Moved it for the hurricane now it won't run

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Howard Miller cable weight clock. Moved it during the hurricane and when I moved it back it won't run. Runs for about 15 minutes and gradually stops.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

Not sure

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
9/22/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 10 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this a lot at my clock repair shop. I'll cover all options to try. First when you moved your clock did you remove the weights and pendulum?. If so make sure the weights are in there proper order. The heaviest weight runs the chimes, next heaviest runs the pendulum, the lightest on the left it runs the strike. Next if the clocks pendulum stops after a few minutes then the clock is out of BEAT. When a pendulum clock is in beat, it produces a rhythmic, even, steady: tick…tock…tick…tock When it is out of beat, it produces an uneven, “galloping”: TICK…tockTICK…tockTICK…,or tickTOCK…tickTOCK…tickTOCK. You can remove the pendulum and move the crutch with your finger to the left or right until the proper tick tock is reached. Try these options out and let me know what happens if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

for helping you.