Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

My Hermle clock (no pendulum) stopped despite being well…

My Hermle clock (no...

My Hermle clock (no pendulum) stopped despite being well wound. Moving the balance wheel does not help.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

This clock is only two years old and is in excellent condition.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

That is all.

9/21/2017
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this a lot at my clock repair shop. When was the last time your clock was serviced meaning the movement cleaned & re oiled?. If you wind the clock completely to the end and it does not stay running; something such as wear, dirt, or old sticky oil is preventing the clock from running. What happens most of the time is the old gummy oil inside the mainsprings makes the coils stick together not allowing the mainspring to release the power to keep the clock running. It may need cleaning and oiling as they should about every 3 to 5 years to stay in top running condition. The other problem is that the spring in the floating balance might be worn and will need to be replaced. I listed a link at the bottom which I recommend to my customers that come to my shop to clean there clocks themselves to save them money from me doing the work the kit comes with a step by step E BOOK. Try these options out and let me know what happens if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

http://www.clockworks.com/clock-repair-kits/clock-cleaning-kit.html

Mike, Consultant
Thank you very much. Your answer makes perfect sense and I will look into the website. Thanks for your offer to find a repair shop in my area (21163) however I will find one if needed. Thanks again.
Ken

HI Ken, Your Welcome if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thanks Mike