Chris C
Chris C, Professional Clock Repairer (5yrs+)
Experience:  MBHI (Member of British Horological Institute), Masters in Physical Sciences (Cambridge University)
35181951

I have a 14 year old Grandfather clock I wound it last week

Customer Question

I have a 14 year old Howard Miller Grandfather clock I wound it last week and it ran for 3 days then quit, I read in my trouble shooting guide may need to level it as it was on carpet, we did this but now it only runs for maybe 24 hours at the most help!!
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: I guess I talked to the wrong tech :(
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes make sure it is level both ways front to back & side to side. What style clock do you have chains or cables? When was the last time you had the movement cleaned & re oiled? they should be serviced every 3 to 5 years to stay in top running condition. Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike