Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have a 1360 batyery clock by seth and change battery how…

I have a 1360...

I have a 1360 batyery clock by seth thomas and change battery how do i set it to make it chimeme

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

It chimed befor I changed the battery I am not sure about setting in Bach I can not make it ch9me

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How should setting in back be set .please. help me make it ch9me it worked be for I changed batterys
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/10/2017
Mike, Consultant

Hi! My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Here are the instructions for all Seth Thomas models and your model clock. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.

Wall Clock Models

Batteries

Use Only Alkaline Duracell C Batteries!

Insert fresh C batteries with the + at the top. Please change your batteries once a year. This will ensure accurate timekeeping and a consistent chime sound for your enjoyment.

Low Battery Warning Feature

If your clock starts chiming erratically, or (if so equipped) the pendulum stops, please install new batteries.

Time Setting

Set time by advancing the minute hand (NEVER the hour hand) or turn the hand setting knob at the rear of movement clockwise or counter-clockwise to the correct time. The correct chiming will start at the next full hour. In the interim, the quarter hour chimes may sound at the wrong time. This will correct itself at the next full hour.

If the hour striking is incorrect, move the hour (short) hand to the hour that the clock is striking.

The chime sequence at 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 hour is electronically programmed and cannot be demonstrated by moving the minute hand or the time set knob manually.

At the rear of the clock movement are three additional switches and one knob for the following functions:

Melody Switch

Switch with symbols

O = shut off (chime and strike both off)

W = Westminster Chime 4/4 melody plus full hour strike

B = Bim-Bam hour and half hour strike (W2114 and W2214)

A = Ave Maria 4/4 Chime with full hour strike (W2115 and W2215)

Night shut-off and night reduction

Switch with symbols

= "Sun" position. Clock will chime and strike during the full 24 hour period.

= "No Moon" position. The clock will not chime for a period of 8 hours following the time you moved the switch to this position. For example: if you wish the chimes to be silent from 11 p.m. until 7 a.m., move the switch from to sometime between 10:45 and 11 p.m. The chimes will automatically become silent each day from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.

= "Moon" position. The chime sound will reduce by half of daytime volume for a period of 8 hours. Use the same setting procedure as for "No Moon".

Volume control

By turning the knob, the chime loudness can be a adjusted. Turning the knob clockwise reduces the volume.

Chime selector

Switch with symbols

By setting the switch to the position and the melody switch to "W" the clock will chime the Westminster melody every 15 minutes and strike the hour after it plays the hour chime.

By setting the switch to the position and the melody switch to "W", the clock will chime the Westminster melody on the hour only, followed by the hour strike.

By setting the switch to the position and the melody switch to "B" the clock with movement W2114 or W2214 will strike Bim-Bam every hour and half hour.

By setting the switch to the position and the melody switch to "B" the clock with movement W2114 or W2214 will strike Bim-Bam every hour.

By setting the switch to the position and the melody switch to "A" the clock with movement W2115 or W2215 will chime the Ave Maria melody every 15 minutes and strike the hour after it plays the hour chime.

By setting the switch to the position and the melody switch to "A", the clock with movement W2115 or W2215 will chime the Ave Maria melody on the hour only, followed by the hour strike.

Mounting wall clock models

Hang your clock vertically to the desired location. If possible, your clock should be mounted on a wall stud. Be sure that the clock will not shift on the wall when the door is opened.

Start pendulum by moving it approximately 1 1/2 inch to the left or right and releasing it. Be sure that the pendulum can swing freely.

Regulation

Due to the high accuracy and reliability of the quartz movement, adjustment to timekeeping is not necessary.

Instructions for clock with moon phase dial

The moonphase disc shows you the position of the moon during its 29 1/2 day cycle.

New moon: moon is not visible

Waxing moon: moon is rising on the left side

Full moon: moon is visible in the center of the dial opening

Waning moon: moon is descending on the right side of the dial opening

The moonphase disc is shifted between 22:00 and 2:00 o'clock. During this time you should not try to set the moon disc by hand.

How to set the moon disc: Inside the back of the clock you can see the back bottom part of the moon disc. Turn this disc (if the shift mechanism is not engaged) to the correct position in the lunar phase.

Mike, Consultant