Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My Gilbert wall clock runs very slow. The pendulum

Customer Question

My Gilbert wall clock runs very slow. The pendulum adjustment up as far as possible. How do I clean or lubricate the movement?
Joe Maltz
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi Joe, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The biggest problem that I get at my shop is maintenance cleaning and re oiling the movement as they should about every 3 to 5 years. These type clocks have an 8 day movement and what happens is that the old gummy oil inside the coils of the mainspring starts sticking and the mainspring can not release the power to keep the clock running correctly. To save my customers money that come into my shop I recommend one of the best cleaning kits it comes with a E-Book just click the link at the bottom if it will let you or paste the link on the Google search bar. Try these options out if you decide to work on the mainsprings yourself you have to be careful because the spring is wound tight and is under a lot of pressure and it could pop out at you when you go to open the spring and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

http://www.clockworks.com/clock-repair-kits/clock-cleaning-kit.html

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.