Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have an old, little table top model 613-584. All of a

Customer Question

Hi. I have an old, little table top model 613-584. All of a sudden the alarm started going off, with the switch in the "off" position. I tried a new battery, cleaned it, changed the alarm time. Nothing works. I love this clock and would greatly appreciate any fixes you might have!
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: umm ... no
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this a lot in my clock repair shop. I'll cover all options to try. First make sure the battery contacts are clean. Next check the battery contacts to see if the wires are loose or has come disconnected. The manufacturer states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them to gain access to the circuit board or the plastic gears that run the hands, it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If the options above do not work and you decide to replace the quartz movement yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Clockparts.com*****br />Culver City, CA 90230 USA
    Toll free: 1,888,8CRAFTS
    Hours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST

Timesavers.com
    Box 12700
    Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
    1,800,552,1520
    Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Norkro.com
    2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
    Portland Or 97229
    order line: 1,800,566,7576

Gone to Pieces
    (battery operated quartz movements only)
    6819 Rt 259 Hwy
    Homer City, PA 15748
    order line: 1,800,205,7204

Clockworks.com
    PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050
    800,381,7458