Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I moved my Trend grandfather clock today and now that I

Customer Question
I moved my Trend...

I moved my Trend grandfather clock today and now that I attached the pendulum the clock does not tick or advance time. I have the side panels off. How do I reattach the pendulum.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

The weights are in the proper position, L R & C. It's just the pendulum.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

Sorry, but if I was better informed, I wouldn't be contacting you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 11 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There are 3 parts to the pendulum assembly at the top is the suspension spring then the pendulum leader hangs from the suspension spring then the pendulum hangs from the pendulum leader I'll post a photo below to show you. Try this option out and let me know what happens and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.