Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

My clock won't chime. Before I went away I stopped the

Customer Question
My clock won't chime...

My clock won't chime. Before I went away I stopped the pendulum and upon return I turned the hands to the correct time and then started the pendulum. what did I do wrong?

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Did you not get my info.? I stopped the pendulum before I went away. But stopped the pendulum. Upon return I moved the hands to the correct time and then started the pendulum. what did I do wrong

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

I can't think what...........

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
7/28/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 10 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll cover all options to try. First check to see if the retard bar has slipped down onto the hammers if so lift the bar up off the hammers next make sure the hammers move freely up & down, next check to see if the chime selector lever is in the on position and not off or in the night time shut off mode if your clock has this option, next and worst case is when trying to run the clock manually and you hear a click like it wants to chime but doesn't it might be the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that it can once more perform its function. I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. Next if your clock has a chime selector lever usually found on the face make sure it is in the on position and not in the off or night time mode. Try these options out and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

V2B 7J4
Kamloops, British Columbia
I have no idea how to do any of this. Please refund my money
I'm clueless on how to follow these instructions, please just refund my $50
Mike, Consultant