Clock Repair

Have Clock Problems? Ask a Clock Expert and Get Answers ASAP

Clock Repair

I own a Grandfather clock Model610-202 The President. It

I own a Howard Miller...
I own a Howard Miller Grandfather clock Model610-202 The President. It runs fast and I cannot slow it down
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A couple of months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have adjusted the length of the pedulum
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2017
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this a lot at my clock repair shop. First make sure the “Bob” ( the disk) is moving up and down with the movement of the nut. It is not unusual for the nut to move down, but the bob stuck above the nut. Good lubrication and making sure the top ridge of the nut is in the slot will correct this issue. If you have adjusted the pendulum all the way down and the clock still runs fast the problem probably lies in the time/train and will need to be adjusted by a technician. If you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

for helping you.

Mike, Consultant
Mike, Consultant