Clock Repair

Have Clock Problems? Ask a Clock Expert and Get Answers ASAP

Clock Repair

I have a mantle clock and it only chimes once on every hour

Customer Question
and half hour how can...
I have a mantle clock and it only chimes once on every hour and half hour how can I fix this
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Clock Repair
8/8/2016
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 1 year ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll coverall options for you to try. There are several things to check. First make sure the hammer moves freely up & down. Make sure the hammer is at least 1/8" above the chime rod or gong coil at rest. Pulling back on the hammer and releasing might get it started again. Next you can try to run the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime if you hear a click like it wants to chime but doesn't it might be the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that it can once more perform its function. I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. Next is maintenance as a clock ages the oils and lubricants become gummy and the chimes start slowing down and then finally come to a stop or it may become dry and the same problem may happen. It may need cleaning and oiling as they should about every 3 to 5 years. The website at the bottom offers the best cleaning kit with a downloadable E BOOK that I recommend to my customers that come into my shop they ship worldwide. Try these options out and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

http://www.clockworks.com › Clock Repair Kits

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Mike, Consultant