Clock Repair

Have Clock Problems? Ask a Clock Expert and Get Answers ASAP

Clock Repair

I have a problem with my grandfather clock. I pulled one of

Customer Question
I have a problem with...
I have a problem with my grandfather clock. I pulled one of the weights, the one on the right, way too high. Just a brain freeze moment. I think I need to have someone come out and look at it. I also need to have it appraised. Any ideas?
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: Did you really just send this as an answer? A joke, I'm assuming?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Clock Repair
7/24/2016
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 1 year ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The RIGHT weight runs the chimes. If you can grab the weight and you can gently be pulling down on the weight while running the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime do this until your weight is about 6 to 8 inches of the chain hanging down then it should be alright or until the weight is hanging freely. If that doesn't work which it should and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area that makes house calls that can fix your clock. For the value of your clock let me know the make & model of your grandfather clock so I can give you an accurate value. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Mike, Consultant