Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a Seth Thomas Battery operated aniversary clock that

Customer Question

Hi I have a Seth Thomas Battery operated aniversary clock that stopped workig can I get repair parts.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: Its cat #128 Essence Model 0128 - 000 General time corp.
JA: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Like what
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. The gears get worn because they are made out of plastic as well and if worn they do not mesh together like they use to and the problem will get worse where they will eventually not move all together. But if you like I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area and if you would like to change out the movement I can let you know where to get one as well. Try these options out and let me know what happens. Thanks MikeYou can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable. The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement. Thanks MikeIf you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswerfor helping you.Clockparts.com11869 Teale StreetCulver City, CA 90230 USAToll free: 1-888-8CRAFTSHours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST..Timesavers.comBox 12700Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****Fax: 1-***-***-****Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)..Norkro.com2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.Portland Or 97229order line: 1-***-***-****Phone/fax:(###) ###-####.Klockit.comN3211 County Road HLake Geneva, WI 53147 USAPhone: 1-***-***-****Fax: 1-***-***-****Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (Closed on Tuesdays) Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm..Gone to Pieces(battery operated quartz movements only)6819 Rt 259 HwyHomer City, PA 15748order line: 1-***-***-****..Clockworks.comPO Box 339 - 9 Pine StHuntington MA 01050***-***-****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You Jim
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim, Your Welcome if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thanks MikePLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswerfor helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.