Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Here... The chime works, it sounds as if motor is working;

Customer Question
Hi Pearl - Mike...

Hi Pearl - Mike here . . . The chime works, it sounds as if motor is working; however, the minute hand does not move.

Technician's Assistant: The Clock Technician will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Fresh batteries, hands will move manually

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

The movement is working. Would a picture help?

Technician's Assistant: Our top Clock Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Clock Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Clock Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Clock Repair
3/16/2016
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Usually the chimes are separate from the hands. First check all the battery contacts to make sure they are clean, then check to see if there are any loose wires leading from the contacts. The movements in these clocks only last 10 to 15 years, next if you can gain access to the hands sometimes you can use equal pressure at the base of the minute hand and press the hand back down onto the shaft. The bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. The gears get worn because they are made out of plastic as well and if worn they do not mesh together like they use to and the problem will get worse where they will eventually not move all together. But if you like I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area and if you would like to change out the movement I can let you know where to get one as well. Try these options out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

You can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable.The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Clockparts.com*****br />Culver City, CA 90230 USA
Toll free: 1-888-8CRAFTS
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST
.

.

Timesavers.com
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

.

.

Norkro.com
2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
Portland Or 97229
order line: 1-***-***-****
Phone/fax:(###) ###-####/p>

.

.

Klockit.com
N3211 County Road H
Lake Geneva, WI 53147 USA
Phone: 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (Closed on Tuesdays) Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm

.

.

Gone to Pieces
(battery operated quartz movements only)
6819 Rt 259 Hwy
Homer City, PA 15748
order line: 1-***-***-****

.

.

Clockworks.com
PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050(###) ###-####/p>

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

.

.

.

.

.