Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

, my battery operated hermle grandfather clock arms…

Customer Question
My battery operated hermle...

My battery operated hermle grandfather clock arms stoped moving

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

This watch is two years old

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

Yes, when the longer arm moved always at ten to, I have even seen it move backwards as if something like the wheels inside is or are lose

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Clock Repair
hi
my batter operated grandfather clock arms stop at ten to, and can even roll back as if something is lose
I have made the payment
2/15/2016
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First check the wires leading from the battery contacts on the chime side to see if they are loose. The bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If you decide to replace the movement yourself let me know I can give you the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable. The phone works the best for ordering your parts just give them the movement number off the back of the movement or if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Try these option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Timesavers.com
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

.

Norkro.com
2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
Portland Or 97229
order line: 1-***-***-****
Phone/fax:(###) ###-####/p>

.

Klockit.com
N3211 County Road H
Lake Geneva, WI 53147 USA
Phone: 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (Closed on Tuesdays) Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm

.

Gone to Pieces
(battery operated quartz movements only)
6819 Rt 259 Hwy
Homer City, PA 15748
order line: 1-***-***-****

.

Clockworks.com
PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050(###) ###-####/p>

The wires are well connected, I get worried when the longer arm rolls back. I understand that they are enclosed in a casing. Challenge is I am in South Africa and will have to check for local suppliers in order to get the mechanism easily. Thanks for your answer Mike. Any thing that you can tell me more about the wheels and maybe using the wrong battery? Thanks once again, Maxwell

Hi Maxwell, Hermle suggests using Duracell Batteries for the best results. The geas inside the movement are also made of plastic and sometimes a tooth on the gear will be worn or damaged I get this all the time in my repair shop and 95% of the time the movement needs to be replaced. Yes all these companies I listed above ship worldwide I have recommended these companies to a lot of my international customers with great success. Thanks Mike

Hi Maxwell , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.