Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a Seiko wall clock from 1984 that I want to replace

Customer Question

Hi: I have a Seiko wall clock from 1984 that I want to replace the movement as it has stopped working. How do I get the hands off? I've tried pulling on them and they seem like it will break.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've removed the glass facing and can access the hands, but they won't come off. How do I take the second hand off?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Clock Repair Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. On most Seiko wall clocks the hands are pressure fitted onto the shafts and will need to be taken off using equal pressure on both sides at the base of each hand so you do not damage the hand. I use a special tool at my shop called a hand removal tool which I ordered from Otto Frei I put there information below or you can also go to Clockworks. com, TimeSavers.com or www.ofrei.com then go to search and type in clock repair tools. If you decide to try to remove the hands without this tool you can use 2 small screw drivers and a toothpick for lever ridge them use equal pressure at the base of the hands then pry up carefully and the hands will pop off. Try this option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

Otto Frei

P.O. Box 796*****br />Oakland, CA 94604 USA

9 AM to12:30 then 1:30 to 5 PM Pacific Time

Monday to Friday

US Telephone and Fax(###) ###-####br />***-***-**** (fax)

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.