Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. Just picked up a used Seth

Customer Question
Hi Mike my name...

Hi Mike my name is ***** *****. Just picked up a used Seth Thomas grandfather. I don't know the placement of the weights. There are no markings.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just not sure I have them in the right position. The chime setting is off by 8 hours.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Clock Repair
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2016
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Make sure the weights are in the correct order they should be marked R, C, L if they are not marked the heaviest weight goes on the RIGHT it runs the chimes, next heaviest in the CENTER it runs the pendulum, lightest on the LEFT it runs the strike. To get the chimes back in sync with the time the next time the clock chimes the hour move just the HOUR HAND ONLY in a clockwise motion to match the number of chimes. Next move the minute hand only in a clockwise manor stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the correct time if needed. Try these option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Thanks for the help.. Looks like my card was charged twice. Appreciate an adjustment on my card thankyou

Hi, Your Welcome I do not have anything to do with the billing I work out of my clock repair shop you will have to contact customer service for that issue. Thanks Mike

.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

.

.