Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a grandfather clock circa 1850 that is now missing a

Customer Question

I have a grandfather clock circa 1850 that is now missing a chime hand. I recently shifted house and it looks like it's lost. All he clocks I've seen online, only a couple actually have the extra chime dial, and chime type (Westminster etc). How do I get my hands on a chime hand the same as the other one?
I also didn't seem to find similar looking hands as well.
And my clock doesn't seem to chime anymore - it may be the chime dial needs adjusting to the correct position from silent to chime but eith the hand missing I'm unsure where the pin should be sitting.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. When I get home from my shop I can get to my data base to find you a hand, as for the adjustment you will need to access the movement or remove the dial face to get to the shaft to put it into the correct position if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Try these option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.

.

You can try one of the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable. The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the information of what you need and the size of the shaft that the hand goes on or you can send them a picture of the other hand it should be the same.

.

Timesavers.com
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

.

Back In Time Clock Repair & Restoration
345 North 4th Street
Souderton,Pa.18964
Phone(###) ###-####/p>

.
Mount Vernon Clock Company***@******.*** or by phone at(###) ###-####

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.