Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have an older Hermle glass dome clock. It works well but…

Customer Question
I have an older Hermle...
I have an older Hermle glass dome clock. It works well but the chimes don't sound, even after replacing the batteries. Please advise. THANK YOU VRY MUCH,
rAINER
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Clock Repair
1/19/2016
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First make sure the chime button is on if yours has and on or off button and the night time shut off option as well they made both types. Next check the wires leading from the battery contacts on the chime side to see if they are loose. The bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If you decide to replace the movement yourself let me know I can give you the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable. The phone works the best for ordering your parts or if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Try these option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

I have no problem with the movement,the clock works great its the chimes that do not work. I guess you were of no help to me
and I spent $36.00 for nothing. No sense to contact me again.

Hi, The chimes are part of the clocks quartz movement, the movement is what runs your clock and is what you put the batteries in one side runs the chimes and one side runs the time which is the part that rotates the balls to move the hands of the clock, if the chimes are not working correctly the problem is inside the quartz movement and as I stated above the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. Thanks Mike

.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

.

I won't bother rating you

Hi, OK Thank You Mike