Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a Grandfather floor clock, model #610-814. Recently,

Customer Question

I have a Howard Miller Grandfather floor clock, model #610-814. Recently, the night mode has not been functioning properly. It shuts off at 4:00 instead of 10:00. So, it is six hours off. How do I fix this problem?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sharyn, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes that is the Whitmour model. When the clock makes its last chime you need to re-set the clock hands back 12 hours. First, take the movement out of nighttime shutoff, then move the hands backwards 12 hours, rotate the minute hand (only) counterclockwise to the correct time. If that option doesn't work then the automatic shut off lever must be loose and has slipped out of position and will need to be tightened back into the correct position of 10:00 and 7:15 and if that is the case I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. Try these options out and let me know what happens and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.