Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I would like to talk to as question to our earlier

Customer Question

I would like to talk to Mike as a follow up question to our earlier correspondence. Ref. 15645705-807
Category: Clock Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Do you still need help with your mainspring for your Kieniger & Oberfell 400 day Kundo clock?. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My phone # ***** ***** France###-##-#### ***** you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Phone # ***** France (33)###-##-####
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm not able to do calls outside the US. If you like I can help you further with your question about your Kieniger & Oberfell 400 day Kundo clock. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you cannot call me in France. Perhaps I can call you instead in the USA or we could do facetime. Please let me know what we can do. I have some doubts about how to proceed and I need your advice. 1.) So far I cannot find anyone local to repair the clock because I was told that it is too complicated to put together 2.) I cannot get to the spring because I cannot open the cylindrical casing. 3) Do you know someone who could repair the clock. I found one person called billsclockworks.com in Indiana. He seems to be very expensive. 4) Where are you located? I come to New York from time to time. If not before we could talk at that time. I understand that I need to pay. Thank you for your early reply. Regards. Peter de Marffy
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi Peter, Yes I have recommended Bill's many times to other customers he is top notch and warranties his work and does a first class job. Changing out the mainsprings on these clocks without ever doing it before can be difficult plus you have to have a mainspring winder tool. When you go to take out the spring if there is still tension on the spring it could pop out at you causing injury so wear safety glasses. I'm located in North Carolina but it is against JustAnswer policy to work on customers clocks. I would definitely give Bill a call and inquire to him about fixing your clock you can not go wrong with him. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike