Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

New hermie 461-053HS-94cm recently installed replacing 24

Customer Question

new hermie 461-053HS-94cm recently installed replacing 24 year old identical movement. the chimes are very, very slow and clock stops after about 6 hours. with chimes off all is well. the weights are in correct positions with the heavy weight on RH side looking from front. what action can be taken to resolve problem?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There are several options to check. First who installed the movement a repair company or yourself? Next double check the weights, next make sure the all the hammers move freely up and down and all are within 1/8" from the chime rods at rest, next check the lever that turns your chimes on and off to see if it is fully into the on and off positions, next on the left side of the movement there are 2 nuts that hold the plate to the hammers make sure that they are not loose or to tight they should be just snug, next you can try adding a very very small amount of clock oil to the base of each hammer to see moving the hammers up and down after you apply the oil to work the oil in. Without having the clock in my shop or seeing the movement in person it is hard for me to check to see what the problem is. Try these options out and let me know what happens and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

.