Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

Looking a diagram or schematics inside of a sovereign

Customer Question

Looking for either a diagram or schematics for the inside of a sovereign grandfather clock. Years ago this clock was serviced and after repairman left it was discovered that a ring had been left out and not replaced. Upon opening the access panel I discovered
a loose hinge, it just came loose at my touch. I believe that the circle ring and the hinge somehow join and appear to attach to another piece that the pendulum could hang from. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks
Category: Clock Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here is a picture of the inside with the pendulum pieces missing.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I viewed the photo you have and the pendulum leader hangs from the suspension spring that is hanging down off the support arm on the top center of the movement pictured. Great photo by the way the suspension spring should be hanging straight down and the pin that runs through the bottom of the suspension spring is what the pendulum leader hangs from then the pendulum hangs from the pendulum leader you can refer to the photos I posted in your other question. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.