Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Mike, We just replaced the batteries on our Kassel Cuckoo…

Customer Question
Hi Mike, We just replaced...
Hi Mike, We just replaced the batteries on our Kassel Cuckoo clock. The pendulum is swinging but the clock will not work nor will the Cuckoo bird come out when I hit the sound button.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Clock Repair
6/25/2015
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 3 years ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi Marian, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The manufacturer Kassel, states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. First make sure the battery contacts are clean, next make sure the wires leading from the contacts are not loose or maybe one has come disconnected. The pendulum operates separate from the time and the cuckoo bird. Next check the night time or shut off switch if your model has one and make sure it isn't in the off position also try switching it back and fourth sometimes they get stuck or they do not have a good contact. The bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If you decide to replace the movement You can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable.The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement. Also check the warranty on the cock as well. if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you. ( Try this company first they are really good with cuckoo clocks ) Black Forest Imports, Inc. 1-***-***-**** Clockparts.com*****Culver City, CA 90230 USA Toll free: 1-888-8CRAFTS Hours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST Timesavers.com Box 12700 Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A. 1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-**** Fax: 1-***-***-**** Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST) Klockit.com N3211 County Road H Lake Geneva, WI 53147 USA Phone: 1-***-***-**** Fax: 1-***-***-**** Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (Closed on Tuesdays) Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm Gone to Pieces (battery operated quartz movements only) 6819 Rt 259 Hwy Homer City, PA 15748 order line: 1-***-***-**** Clockworks.com PO Box 339 -*****Huntington MA 01050(###) ###-####/p>