How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Consultant
Category: Clock Repair
Satisfied Customers: 3049
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
Type Your Clock Repair Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Ridgeway Model 305 Grandfather clock, fm movement

Customer Question

I have a Ridgeway Model 305 Grandfather clock, fm movement and an parts numbered list in the clock. The part number is ***** but it does not tell me what it is and how to order a replacement. This part holds part #73 which is the piece the pendulum attaches. I need the part name, number and where to order. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First off Ridgeway is a division of Howard Miller now and all the part numbers have changed to Howard Miller parts. From your description part #73 is called the pendulum leader this is what the pendulum hangs from, the pendulum leader attatches to the suspension spring, and the suspension spring attatches to the support arm so #21 is called the suspension spring. Give them the movement number which should be on the back of the movement on the brass plate then follow the instructions below. If by chance they do not have the part you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable.The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.
This is right from the Howard Miller website.
If your clock is not new or if a part is damaged and parts are required, contact Customer Service at(###) ###-####or go to the QUESTION section at the bottom of this site and detail the part that you need. Have your model number, serial number, and credit card available before you place the call.
Culver City, CA 90230 USA
Toll free: 1-888-8CRAFTS
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)
2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
Portland Or 97229
order line: 1-***-***-****
Phone/fax:(###) ###-####
PO Box 339 -*****
Huntington MA 01050 (###) ###-####
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike