Clock Repair

Have Clock Problems? Ask a Clock Expert and Get Answers ASAP

Clock Repair

Proud owner of an imHof quartz Swiss #(NNN) NNN-NNNN Where in

Customer Question
Proud owner of an imHof...
Proud owner of an imHof quartz Swiss #(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Where in Canada, can I find the battery for this mantel clock?

Thanks in anticipation.

Jean-Claude De Groote [email protected]
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Clock Repair
4/25/2012
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 5 years ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi! Jean-Claude, My name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you. imHof does not match any name of clock in my database. Are you sure that is the correct name? If you can email me pictures of the clock and battery needed?. Then I can assist you better and find exactly what you need. Thanks Mike

Email pictures to [email protected]

Nice Clock, Is the number of the battery PC1A (LR 50) BATTERY ? If not can you tell me the number on the battery please? Thanks Mike

PC1A (LR 50) BATTERY - Carriage Clocks Cartier, IMHOF e Bucherer.

Hello Mike,

That is the 1,000,000$ question.

My `@#$%^&*)+ brother in-law, a few years ago decided to throw that battery away, since, (in his narrow mind), it was no good.

From the picture you sent me, ( and from what I remember), this is what it "looked like". I know this is not much, but I willing to try it..

Let's assume that the number you mention is the correct one, if the voltage is 1.35 V, it will certainly do the trick.

Jean-Claude De Groote

Hi Jean-Claude you can go on Ebay Canada the battery is for a imHof clock. It should be the one.
Item number:260886191515

Item number:260884524187

Item number:260967153249

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember to click the ACCEPT button so I will be
compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
There is no additional fee charged for my services.

Mike, Consultant

The technology has changed a lot. Originaly, since it was mercury containing battery, the output voltage was 1.35 Vdc.

Now with the ban on mercury, the alkalyne/acid technology has replaced it. this chemical reaction howver produces a 1.47 Vdc output. I have leaned from the manufacturer of the cell, (Mallory), that the difference in voltage is within the range of the operating frenquency range, (resonance frequency), of the crystal, (quartz).

Regards,

Yes I believe the output on these batteries is 1.5. Thanks Mike
Mike, Consultant