Clock Repair

Have Clock Problems? Ask a Clock Expert and Get Answers ASAP

Clock Repair

How to reestablished full hourly chime on Linden Mantel Clock?

I have an old battery-powered...
I have an old battery-powered linden mantle clock set to the Westminster chime. I had to reset it when we moved here. Now, in addition to quarter-hour chimes, it still chimes, but only once on each hour. Previously it chimed the full hour (eg. 5 bells for 5 o'clock). Can that full hourly chime be reestablished by setting the clock properly, or if not, can that result be achieved at all.
1/4/2012
Mike, Consultant

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes you can try to reset the clock but sometimes the quartz movement will go bad after many years of service. They are very simple and inexpensive movements and simple to replace once they start malfunctioning it is nearing the end of its life. If you need to replace your movement you can use one of the companies I use to order new movements all of them are quite reliable, the movement model number should be located on the back of the movement.

Clockparts.com
XXXXX
Culver City, CA 90230 USA
Toll free: 1-888-8CRAFTS
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST

Timesavers.com
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-800-552-1520 1-480-483-3711
Fax: 1-480-483-6116
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Norkro.com
2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
Portland Or 97229
order line: 1-800-566-7576
Phone/fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Klockit.com
N3211 County Road H
Lake Geneva, WI 53147 USA
Phone: 1-800-556-2548
Fax: 1-262-248-9899
Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (Closed on Tuesdays) Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm

Gone to Pieces
(battery operated quartz movements only)
6819 Rt 259 Hwy
Homer City, PA 15748
order line: 1-800-205-7204

Clockworks.com
PO Box 339 -XXXXXbr/>Huntington MA 01050
800-381-7458

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
Positive feedback is always appreciated and PLEASE remember to
click the ACCEPT button so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
There is no additional fee charged for my services.

Mike, Consultant
Mike, Consultant