Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I am interested in buying a 65 mustang which does not have…

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in buying a 65 mustang which does not have hoses hooked up to the windshield washer parts that poke through the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will fix it myself if I buy it. I just want to know how much I will have to spend on parts if I put in a new wystem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What to look for mechanically (engine transmission, rear end etc

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

There are no service records on the vehicle

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Classic Car
3/29/2018
Classic Car Mechanic: George H., Technician replied 24 days ago
George H.
George H., Technician

Hello I will help,

Would $50 make you happy?

Click here for link

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thanks. What about the second part as to what to look for to troubleshoot this 65 mustang (other than interior and exterior) mechanically

Each car is different, you don't know what has or has not been done to it in the last 53 years. How molested it is or if it was stored by a loving owner. Maybe someone paid for a frame off resto along the way.

Best way to be sure of what you are looking at and to set a price is to pay an old guy tech to take a look at it for a pre-purchase inspection. Still a bunch of us out there you just need to ask around in the independent shops or classic shops to find one.

It should take about 1 hour labor for the inspection, if you can take it to the shop so it can be put up on the lift and be driven then it will be a more through inspection.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

George H.
George H.
George H., Technician