Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I picked up a 1968 Mustang but i know the engine is not

original the cast code is...
i picked up a 1968 Mustang but i know the engine is not original the cast code is D4DE-6015-BA (Or DA cant really tell) but the date code is 7D13. So it looks like the engine is from a 74 Falcon, 289. is this correct? the date code show its a 77 engine. April 13th. The question is what year parts do i look for? 74 or 77? so i look for parts for the 7X Falcon?Thanks
3/25/2018
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic

Hello, it's a 74 302 out of a maverick or granada.

D- 70's

4- 74

D- Vehicle line

E - Engine (just engine)

6015 - Basic part number

BA- Revision #27

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic