Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

Car is 1967 Barracuda convertible with 79,000 original

Customer Question
Car is 1967 Barracuda...

Car is 1967 Barracuda convertible with 79,000 original miles, small V8. All original, but seems to leak fluids from several places under the car...near the engine, tranny and rear brakes. I assume it needs seals and/or fluid lines replaced. Where do I take a vehicle like this in West Phoenix, AZ area to get reliable service that will keep the car in as original condition as it currently is?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you actually see the leak? And is the fluid itself bright red, or is it dirty?

Some look like oil leaks, I think the gas tank may have a small leak and, given where some of the drips are, it looks like brake fluid is leaking. Also, I think there is tranny fluid leak(s) too. Nothing really severe...just a lot of them.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I need to take it somewhere that works on old cars (i.e., classics). The car has mostly been stored in my garage for the last couple of years. Just drive it occasionally to keep the battery up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No...I've pretty well described the situation.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Classic Car
3/19/2018
Classic Car Mechanic: Don, Classic Car Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Don
Don, Classic Car Mechanic

Hi there my name is Don

i will help you on this

My friends tell me this is a great place with 5 star rating

Vintage Auto Repair

2120 E. Rose Garden Ln. Ste. B-1,
Phoenix, AZ 85024 |(###) ###-####/p>

Have a great day enjoy that beautiful car

Don

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you