Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I have a fairly stock 1966 hemi with 12.5 pistons a dual rat…

I have a fairly...

I have a fairly stock 1966 hemi with 12.5 pistons a dual rat roaster intake and i was told a crane .767 lift cam with corresponding vaa

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '66 Dodge?

I have 1966 hemi 12.5 piston and a crane cam i was told has .767 lift and valve gear i want to detune it for the street is there a current cam that would be compatablr

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

I is a 1970 challenger the engine was stock bore and refreshed with only drag racing with about 20 passes on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Challenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am somewhat mechanically inclined and did the install years ago however i would like to make the car streetablr

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes is there a camshaft that would interchange with the corresponding valve gear

3/13/2018
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic

Hello, COMP Cams CL24-300-4 is what I would suggest if you have stock ratio rockers. If they are higher than stock ratio I would go with COMP Cams 24-278-4 since the rockers would increase the lift some. Since you are running such a high lift cam now the current valve springs will work fine. You will have to likely rejet your carbs down a few sizes and change power valves if you're running a Holley to a little higher number.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

thank you that helps,as everything is stock per race mopar specs per 1990 aka stock race as everything is roller

You're welcome, It's been my pleasure to help.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic