Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

Trying to get dash off, also inside wiring is spotty and…

Customer Question
Trying to get dash...

Trying to get dash off, also inside wiring is spotty and having trouble tracking the issue, not fuses, not bulbs, need to track wiring, `78 ford econoline conversion van

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I think that will be sufficient

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Classic Car
This was sent yesterday-I would like not to wait for the trial period to end to get an answer. If you don’t know, don’t waste my time, just say so.
Answered in 5 days by:
3/15/2018
Classic Car Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

I apologize no one has posted any info on this here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain due to the year of your model.You may have to see if a local repair center or dealer has a manual for this or a local parts store to then be able to remove the dash.Or look at the dash mounting to see if you can figure out how it is removed for sure.If this is not an option or was already tried let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Ok, the basic things have been tried. Thanks for answering, I’ll head to library and manuals.