Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

Rick Got a 1956 gmc truck that looks like it has the

Customer Question
Hi Rick Got a 1956 gmc...
Hi Rick
Got a 1956 gmc truck that looks like it has the original frame....the cab extension mount are all riveted, not bolted...
Some one that passed away converted it to a later 4x4 suspension .....welding the brackets for the springs and adding the necessary cross members and engine mounts to make it work....the guy built the truck for his parents before he died...and they have taken it to the car shows, so I've had no reason to doubt the history...they are in their late 60s....truck was repainted, vin tag being removed to do clean paint.....I have a title to the truck...said to be the right one....So...here's my question...Where do I fine the vin number on the frame to ID the frame and truck body belong to each other on this 1956 gmc? Thanks Jim
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Classic Car
1/18/2018
Classic Car Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since no one has posted any info on this here in some cases you may need to visit a local classic auto repair facility in your area to see if they can look to find this vin number info for you.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete