Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

OK done steering wheel back on. Thanks. Working on wiring,

Customer Question
OK done steering wheel back...
OK done steering wheel back on. Thanks.
Working on wiring, please see the three photos attached , IMG2752 and 2754 this 2 wire harness comes out of the fire wall behind the shroud on the upper right hand side, don't know what they are for, a gray wire with blue and a brown wire. The next photo IMG2757 is the license plate light I don't know where it plugs in. And the last picture I guss is the oil pressure or sensor, don't know where the wire is for that. Do you have some answers? Thanks.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Classic Car
1/17/2018
Classic Car Mechanic: K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic replied 4 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic

Hello, I'm not seeing the attachments unfortunately.

Sorry I don't know what happened. Sorry to hear you are in that cool weather

Thanks,
I'll be inside all day to help.

I've found a good diagram with connectors and locations listed and full color wiring. It's HERE and the legend with ID and location HERE

The oil pressure wire should be blue with a green stripe and run all the way up to the dash light

I'm looking over the diagrams trying to find the connector for the tan and grey with blue and the license light

Good morning thanks. It's a brown wire and a gray wire with blue

Good morning, thanks I'm also trying to find a better diagram.

This diagram is different not as easy to make out like the other diagrams

I was able to log into my shop pc and get us a little more normal one like we are used to. I'm posting it below

on the second page it looks like the license light plugs into a two wire connector with a grey and black and red and black wire

Thanks I'll be working on it today if it don't rain have a great day

You too! I'll be here all day if you need any help

Ok found oil pressure wire fixed it now it works. I have a couple of fuses out would you know what size they are. The fuse box is on the left side under the steering wheel and if you count from left to right, number 2 and number 6 are out.

they should be 8 amp fuses

Thanks good night

that's an odd design but white is the 8 amp designation. I'm used to seeing the, look like this

I found this earlier today and figured you may want it to look over and just for a keepsake for the car.

fuse box diagram is page 57 of the pdf

Classic Car Mechanic: K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic replied 3 months ago

Hello, I am 99% sure this is for a rear window defrost relay. I'm trying to find the supporting wiring diagram for you .

Here are the tech sheets on rear defrost. And here is seat belt interlock which is a definite non match.

Hi Wiggins, Thanks is this defroster is that some tat is in the glass or a heater on the outside of the glass but in the car. I don't see either?

It would be for the type that is in the glass. It is pretty common to find the wiring in them but not the relay or a defrost type rear window. This is done today on modern cars as well. They just finish them out to the build specifications and include the wiring even if it's not specced for it.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic