Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

My Jaguar e Type v12 1971, After rebild engine under 100 PSI…

Hello, my Jaguar e...

Hello, my Jaguar e Type v12 1971, After rebild engine under 100 PSI Compression of all 12 cylinder. So i think the are rong Pistton in it, normal Piston are 9:1; the Company Putt pstion 7,8:1 in the engine. And Said sehr are no Problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

After rebild the engine 10 Miles and Automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is an E Type !,!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The big question is are the right Piston ore not.

1/5/2018
Mike S.
Mike S., Classic Car Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

What is the brand name and part number of the pistons that were installed?

Mahle is the Brand Part Nummer i dont now

Who rebuilt the engine?

can you ask them?

Did you get a receipt for the work and parts?

A work order?

i don't see jaguar listed though, let me see if they have a different catalog.

Hi mike, i have bill etc. i need specialist skill regarding Piston 9: 1 and Piston 7,8: 1 and with the impact on PSI. For Jaguar XKE. do you have this ?
Michael

Actually I cannot even find their catalog that has Jaguar in it, I will opt out.

Please looking here: https://www.sngbarratt.com/de/#!/Deutsch/FindParts/Families/XKE%20~2F%20E-Type/3/12/all/1/10/1/viewassembly/6806/:CONNECTING%20ROD%20&%20PISTONS
Matt, Engineer

Hello

another expert here

it looks like they have fitted the US export pistons which were to cope with low fuel octane in the US

those Mahle pistons are a 7.8:1 ratio and as you say this is incorrect for europe but they do seem to be readily available which is probably why you have them

I'd say to get in touch with this firm

http://www.rob-beere-racing.co.uk/index.html

Hi Matt, thanks, ***** ***** XKE had two engine types, year 1971 to 72, Sa High compression (9: 1), and 1973 to 1974, Lo Low comppresion (7.8: 1). The pistons are different and in my understanding you can not install Piton 7,8: 1 in a Sa engine. Phisical wrong. That can not work. The result for me is under 100 PSI. No power and a non-adjustable engine, as it is an intake engine. Can you please comment, thank you Michael Ps. As already written my XKE is 1971 so Sa engine.

Hello

looks like this firm produce a 9:1 piston to suit the V12

http://classicjaguar.com/cjparts/pistons.php

as this is the same pin the deck height as the low ratio 7.8:1 parts it should fit straight in unless your engine has also been over-bored

as the 7.8 part has a deeper bowl to lower the ratio

Matt, Engineer