Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

Chassis warning came on 2011 rolls Royce ghost said stop…

Customer Question
Chassis warning came on...

Chassis warning came on 2011 rolls Royce ghost said stop driving and call for assistance a week ago restated it and it went away but has come back on a few times also just a few min ago I started the car and it was shaking bad and drivetrain malfunction came on it would even drive it felt like it was missfiring i shut it off and then took off home it didn’t come back on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes eveything looks good thete

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

It’s a Rolls Royce

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Are u a real person ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car has been idoling a little rough lately I feel like was miss firing a little

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Classic Car
12/27/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The rough running misfire feel was most likely due to an issue with fuel injectors atomizing incorrectly or a coil acting up.These are the most common causes of this fault here and will turn on the drivetrain malfunction light.

The chassis warning is a fault detected with one of the brake or traction/stability control components.The light or message came on to alert to you a fault is detected with one of these systems components.Since the light has come on and gone off and come back on for both of these issues this indicates the faults are intermittent and are not occurring or being detected by the computers in your vehicle at all times.

What has to be done from here though is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done the codes can then be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done to help locate and repair this fault since there are several components involved with these systems that can cause this fault here.

Most shops or a dealer can read out the codes as well as diagnose and repair them for a fee.A local parts store can usually read out fault codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose or repair the fault but can give you an idea of the faults.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Technician