Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I have a 1984 porshe. I pulled the battery out to jump off…

Customer Question
I have a 1984 porshe...
I have a 1984 porshe. I pulled the battery out to jump off my truck, put the battery back in and later tried to start it, I have tried many things, still unable to start car. Do you have any ideas? Mike
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Classic Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 6 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, I sent you an attachment to try. Also make sure your cables are good at both ends, no corrosion and tight.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time in chat?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.