Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

Need instructions on replacing parking lamps on a 1966

Customer Question
Need instructions on replacing...

Need instructions on replacing parking lamps on a 1966 pontiac grand prix.I am restoring the car myself with no experience,but i love it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am doing everything-finished the motor,transmission.all rubber items from gaskets to grommets and brake system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Yes it is ,engine is 389 w/carter AFB 4.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all for the time being-onef step at a time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Classic Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
12/4/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since no one has posted any info here on how to replace these this may be due to the info being difficult to obtain due to the year.In some cases, this info has to be obtained from a repair center that works on classic car models.If this is not an option for you or was already checked into let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

No help, just a lot of excuses.An expensive no for l don't know.

I apologize as this is the only info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician