Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

All of a sudden started to run really rough it a new 350 and…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden started to run really rough it a new 350 and has been running fine for weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes battery is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your classic?

81 Camaro z28

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camaro yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far just checked all leads connected and fuel getting to carby

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

With the new engine have removed emissions

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Classic Car
11/18/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: Gary, Classic Car Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, Classic Car Mechanic

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

when will it run rough ?

On start up and running it blows black smoke so I checked needle and seat seems to be fine

what carb is on it ?

All fix it was some junk in the rear float bowl needle and seat

great job

that usually causes these issues

put a new fuel filter in to stop this from happening again

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer