Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I have a new lamp dip for a 1960 Austin Healey 3000. There…

I have a new...

I have a new lamp dip for a 1960 Austin Healey 3000.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '60 Austin?

There are 3 prongs and the wiring is blue, red/blue and white/blue. I just wondered which one went where? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No I don't, there are 2 tube fuses and a flasher and relay box

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am attempting it. Well I hooked it up the way I thought it was when I took the old one off. But obviously that was wrong cause now my head lights don't work at all. And they did before I hooked it up

11/11/2017
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic

Hello, I'll post the wiring diagrams here and here for you. Let me know if I can help further.

Thank you for the diagram.
Now what I check to make the headlights work since I hooked it up the wrong way before you provided me with the diagram.
Thanks
Karen

Hi Karen, at the ignition/light switch check for voltage on the red and white wires. If no voltage is present i's like due to a blown fuse. If voltage is present and there is no output on the blue wire going to dip switch then the light switch is faulty.

Ok thank you I will give it a try ��

You're welcome, good luck with it.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic