Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I have a 1976 Checker Marathon 4-door sedan 6 cal engine…

Customer Question
I have a 1976...

I have a 1976 Checker Marathon 4-door sedan 6 cal engine fire-engine red in good condition. what might it be worth?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic. approximately 100,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sedan?

1976

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

It runs well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to sell it and seek to know how much I should ask.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Classic Car
9/21/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: Steve, Classic Car Owner replied 11 months ago
Steve
Steve, Classic Car Owner

Without an actual inspection and appraisal it may be worth anywhere from $5500.00 to $8000.00.

You state it is in good condition and without the inspection or any pictures I think you would be ok starting at $7000.00. You can always lower the price but if you start too low you can't gp up.